At Eldorado Resort, we promote our region and our business’s sustainability through the Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association (TOTA) Biosphere program and are a Green Key certified resort. Both Biosphere and Green Key are Sustainable Tourism Systems certified by the Responsible Tourism Institute and internationally recognized. We are committed to becoming an industry leader through example of our sustainability practices and green commitments.
- Reuseable water bottle provided in guest rooms in place of single use bottles.
- Single Use Room amenities have been replaced with refillable dispensers (shampoo, conditioner, and body wash).
- Fresh bed linens are arranged after the third night of your stay. If you prefer to have your linens changed daily, contact the Housekeeping team directly. The Housekeeping team will change any linens before three days if they are visibly soiled.
- Guests are encouraged to re-use their towels, towels are only changed if they are left on the floor to signal to Housekeeping to change them.
- Slippers and guest robes are free of plastic wrapping.
- Glass wine glasses are provided instead of plastic.
- Guestroom amenity packages are created in-house and are served on plates instead of plastic.
- Paper guest directories are not provided, a guest directory is available on our Optik TV homepage.
- The TV and lights are not left on for arriving guests.
- Each room has its own recycling bin for guests.
- Guestroom sink faucets and showers are low-flow.
- All guestroom windows are double paned.
Food & Beverage
- Beverages are free of plastic straws and stirrers.
- A minimum of one vegan starter and one main course option are available on the restaurant menus.
- We source meats, fish, cheeses, fruits, berries, vegetables and greens locally whenever possible.
- When seasonal regional foods are available, dining menus will state those ingredients.
- We partner with local wineries, breweries, and distilleries for our house label products.
- More than 50% of our wines come from the Okanagan.
- Beverage containers, jars, cans, plastic and carboards are recycled.
- Take-out customers are asked if they require utensils instead of providing them by default.
- Patio heaters are on timers.
- Used children’s crayons are collected and upcycled.
- Charging stations are available onsite for electric vehicles.
- In-wall filtered water dispensers installed throughout the resort, encouraging guests and staff to refill their bottles instead of using single-use plastics.
- Green spaces are offered on the property.
- Our onsite beach and lakefront is kept clean and maintained by our team.
- All light bulbs have been switched to LED.
- Our plants and shrubs are sourced from local businesses.
- We support our local community and tourism through partnerships and promotions with local golf courses, wineries, ski resorts and tour companies.
- Separate bins for mixed recycling, refundables, and garbage are labelled throughout the property.
- Our sprinkler systems are on timers.
- Yard waste is composted.
- Electronics are recycled through proper procedures.
Eldorado Green Team
The Eldorado Green Team has employees from each department who meet monthly to discuss opportunities for increased sustainability.
Green Team Achievements and Commitments:
- Adopted our neighbouring Wilson Creek through the Adopt a Stream program and clean the creek each spring and fall.
- Promotes employee spring and fall Bike to Work Weeks.
- Planted indigenous plants on property and by Wilson Creek to restore natural landscape, as well at the removal of invasive plant species at Wilson Creek.
- Planted a tree onsite for Earth Day 2021.
- Educates staff on resort sustainability protocols.
- Facilitates the tasks and goals of the Biosphere and Green Key programs.